At Max we believe the love of a family is life’s greatest blessing and this Ramadan we want to encourage everyone to spend quality time with their families. We have the best ingredients for a great night in this Ramadan!
Card games are a fantastic way for the whole family to have some fun together and ‘Crazy Eights’ is our pick for a family-friendly game. All you need is a regular 52 piece deck of cards!
- Deal each player five cards and place the remaining cards face-down in a pile. Flip over the top card and place next to the remaining deck – this will become your discard pile.
- The first person to play (usually the person on the left of the dealer) must select one of their five cards that matches the first card in the discard pile, by either number or suit (heart, diamond etc). If the player does not have any matching cards they must draw a card from the deck.
- Continue moving around the circle, placing matching cards on top of the discard pile or drawing extra cards if the player does not have any suitable cards.
- An ‘eight’ card is considered a magic card and may be used in place of any other number or suit.
- The first player to rid their hand of any cards is the winner!
Keep the family refreshed while playing cards with Max’s tasty recipe for this Ramadan, Amar El Deen!
You will need:
- One packet of dried apricot (in pressed sheet form)
- Five cups of boiling water
- One teaspoon of Rosewater
- One large handful of pine nuts (optional)
- Mint leaves (optional)
- Cut apricot sheet into four or five pieces and place in a deep baking dish
- Mix Rosewater with boiling water and pour over apricot
- Soak until the apricot is completely dissolved
- Serve warm or cold with pine nuts and mint on top
Dress to Impress
A night in doesn’t mean you can’t dress up! With Max’s Ramadan collection you can impress your evening guests with elegant prints, silhouttes and textures.
Moms and little girls look glamorous in flowing skirts and embellishments. Try an exotic printed blouse with a long black skirt for ultimate elegance while your little princesses will look pretty in party dresses with crystal detailing.
Dads and their mini selves will look smart and sophisticated in tailored trousers paired with classic mandarin collar shirt or chest printed graphic tees.
For more Max Tips this Ramadan make sure to follow us on Facebook (Max Fashion MENA), Instagram (@MaxFashionMENA), Twitter (@maxfashionMENA) and Google+ (maxfashionMENA).